Despite my love of musicals, a year of marriage has shown me that in real life I'm not really one for grand gestures of undying love. I'd go so far as to say that my husband and I are rather a minimalist couple. In fact my husband proposed to me using an imaginary ring and after our civil ceremony last year we simply went for an espresso with a few friends!
My Husband and I through the eyes of a six year old student
- Love is kissing someone when they're full of cold.
- Love is giving someone fuss even though you suspect that they've probably just got man flu.
- Love is waking someone up even though they'll be grumpy with you for doing it.
- Love is pretending you haven't heard the same story several times over
- Love is giving someone the most succulent part of a roast chicken.
- Love is knowing how to stop someone snoring without hurting or waking them up.
- Love is saying 'mmmm delicious' while eating charred or inedible food.
- Love is resisting the overwhelming urge to say "I was right all along."
- Love is giving someone the cheesiest part of the pasta bake.
- Love is never going to bed angry or without hugging your partner. It makes the world of difference.
★ ★ ★
So over to you! Are you a romantic?
How do you define love in the real world?